1. Bodily injury liability, for injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
2. Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) for treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car.
3. Property damage liability, for damage the policyholder causes to someone else’s property.
4. Collision Coverage, for damage to the policyholder’s car from a collision.
5. Comprehensive Coverage, for damage to the policyholder’s car not involving a collision with another car (including damage from fire, explosions, earthquakes, floods, and riots), and theft.
6. Uninsured motorists coverage, for costs resulting from an accident involving a hit-and-run driver or a driver who does not have insurance.
Additional Optional Coverages
A wide range of additional coverage types may be available, depending on the insurance company we work with and the state you are in.
What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage coverage?
Both coverages protect against damage to your car. Comprehensive (sometimes known as “other than collision”) pays repair costs for your vehicle when it is damaged by something other than another vehicle, such as animal hits, hail, vandalism, or theft. Collision pays repair costs for your vehicle when it is damaged by another vehicle or a stationary object like a tree or lamp post.
What is a deductible?
It’s the amount you agree to pay for repairs before the insurance carrier starts covering costs.
Personal umbrella policies or a PUP is an extension of your liability insurance. It helps broaden and increase your protection. Umbrella insurance protects you in liability situations where your home, auto or boat policies come up short.
This can include significantly upping your coverage limit to relieve the financial strain of medical bills and legal fees in the event of an extremely costly accident. The extra coverage protects you by increasing the dollar limit of liability coverage for primary policies. Your agent will review your specific needs and offer coverage options for you.